Photo Source: Males In Motion
Pay attention owners, managers, show directors, bartenders, male dancers, etc., and anyone else that makes a contribution to the livelihood to what I fondly refer to as a dick dancer bar. Online presence is the most important and least expensive (in most cases free) way to promote your bar or club, or yourself, if you are a dancer. I have found five common social media mistakes that I feel can cause a bar or club to lose revenue. I am sharing these in the hope that it will help the bars and clubs stay open that are currently struggling financially. Or possibly, help others keep their revenue growing.
Photo Source: Males In Motion
Is Social Media Content Current?
I am currently in the process of updating the Males In Motion website. This means I am checking our current website listings for bars and clubs and verifying first, if they are still open for business and do they still feature male dancers. If so, I verify the business name, address, phone number and create a link to a google map for the location. I then check to see if they have a website, facebook page, twitter account, instagram account, and Yelp reviews. After completion of this update, the information will be verified one more time, and then uploaded to the website. I have also added a few pics and videos from bars/clubs that do a great job of keeping their social media accounts active and enticing.
Photo Source: The Corner Pocket ~ New Orleans, LA
I do this as much for myself as I do for male dancer fans and customers. When I know I will be traveling to a specific city in the U.S. or Canada, I want to be able to quickly check for bars or clubs I most want to visit in that area. The information needs to be up-to-date so I can continue to enjoy sliding dollar bills down those sexy waistbands (and beyond). And maybe experience a private lap dance or two, or three, or …
Photo Source: Beaux ~ San Francisco, CA
- (1) Does your bar or club feature male dancers?
You would be surprised at how many bars or clubs feature male dancers but do not advertise this fact in their ads and online promotions. There is a large potential customer base that will visit a bar or club specifically because they feature male dancers, go-go boys, male strippers, male pole dancers, etc. The advertising and social media posts skip over the fact that a sexy male is shaking what nature gave him in a pair of underwear, hopefully skin-tight and skimpy. But the fact is, he is half-naked or will be eventually. Woohoo! Please have my dirty martini ready when I hit the door! However, if no one knows outside the inner circle, potential income is lost.
- (2) If I message your social media will you answer my question?
For those clubs that I have been told feature male dancers but I cannot find any information that states they do on their social media, I message them through social media. Some of them reply quickly. For me quickly is within two days. Of course, sooner is better. Others never reply. Why is someone not monitoring their social media? How many potential customers have messaged them only to be ignored or the question is answered after they have traveled to and left the city? When I cannot find any information that states a bar or club has male dancers, and my questions are left unanswered, that bar or club is not listed on my website and I do not follow them on social media. Potential customers will look elsewhere and potential income is lost. .
- (3) How current is the information on your social media?
I discovered many websites, facebook pages, twitter accounts and instagram accounts that have either never been used, or have been abandoned. For some, the last tweet or post was several years ago. The website has not been touched for several years. They were still celebrating New Year’s 2014! Nice pics, but what are you doing now? Because of an inactive social media account or out-of-date website, I have wondered if the business is still open. I’m sure others who are searching for information have wondered the same.
I have two recommendations for non-active websites and social media accounts. One, update it and start monitoring it so you can reply to potential customers. Social media brands go in and out of style, but there are still potential customers using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Second, if it is not going to be used to promote your business, delete it! It is better to not have that social media account if it is going to be out-of-date and inactive. When potential customers find a dead website or social media account they are going to look elsewhere. Potential income is lost.
- (4) Where are the shirtless men?
I have said “shirtless men” in the question but shirtless men in their underwear is even better. Come on, be honest. It’s the hot pics and videos that capture the attention of most social media readers, viewers, surfers and participants. Videos and pics capture the attention of those who are searching for bars and clubs featuring male dancers. I recommend that you use more than simple basic text to announce that you have male dancers. Entice, seduce and encourage potential customers with pics and videos. It’s been said over and over, sex sells.
- What is going to capture the attention of your potential customer more — the words ‘male dancers’ — or the words — ‘male dancers’ accompanied with a pic or video of a hot male dancer wearing underwear displaying a nice vpl (visual penis line)? It’s a no brainer. And the goal is to bring in the customers and keep the business successful and profitable, right? If your ad shows me words and your competitor’s ad shows me a pic or video of a hot male dancer, guess which club I’m going to visit first? If a potential customer goes to your competition, then potential income is lost. If they stay home or in their hotel room because they weren’t enticed to come out and see for themselves, potential income is lost.
- (5) Have you felt the power of love?
An online ad, post or promotion has the potential of multiplying itself exponentially. I call this the power of love because online visitors will click ‘like’ or click the heart to show they like the post. This tells their followers that they like or love something. The number of people who have liked or loved your pic or video will show as well, letting potential customers see and follow what is popular with others.
- This will most likely not happen if your ad or post is boring or of poor quality. The main thing I’ve run into here is businesses using the same basic ad over and over. They may change a pic or two, and the date, but it is the same basic ad that was used last week. Yes, it does take a little work to change it up. But if your readers love or like the ad or post, they will click and express their opinion. This is added to the data collected by the social medias, which will influence their future experiences on social media. It will also indicate to their friends and followers what they are into. This could influence others to check out your ad and information creating a potential customer.
If they really like or love the ad or post, they are going to share it. If you put in a little extra work and they share it, then you have multiplied your reach and exposure. There are many ways someone can be motivated to share a post. Motivators include a hot video or pic of a male dancer, an event they are excited about and want to go to with friends, humor, fashion such as costume or even style of underwear on a male dancer, an event in a city where they will be visiting, an event that is happening on a night they want to celebrate their birthday, etc. Ask yourself, “what can I do with this promotion to make potential customers want to share it with other potential customers?”
Ok, now it’s time to make a few changes and updates! Thanks to all the ‘dick dancer bars’ for keeping the boys dancing! Let’s pack the house. Fans and customers – don’t forget to tip the boys! Until next time, take pics where allowed and share them!!!
You might also like the following blogs:
Advertisement Click below and watch those sexy French Canadian boys!